RNA isolation

Bindu Chawla bindu at titan.ucs.umass.edu
Thu Jul 14 09:03:50 EST 1994

Hi, I have been trying to isolate total RNA from styles of flowers. The problem is that one of the most abundant proteins in the style is RNAse and therefore i have been getting partially degraded RNA, I have been usung a buffer which has high concentration of urea and b-mercaptoethanol. Also I haven't been using DEPC water or baking my glassware. This seems to have no effect on leaf RNA isolation, though. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.