Mac Reference/Bibliography programs

Alex Knight alex at
Thu Jul 14 09:03:44 EST 1994

In article <1994Jul14.104622.1 at> ,
mikel at writes:
>I was wondering if anyone can recommend reference/bibliography managers
>the Mac's. I am about to undertake the writing of my PhD thesis and

I recommend EndNote +. I have just used it to do my PhD thesis, and I
highly recommend it. Its usefulness depends on which word processor you
are using. With some (such as Microsoft Word) it has a plug-in module
which integrates the functions of Endnote with those of the word
processor. It is quite straightforward to use, but also pretty flexible.
You can do citations and bibliographies in just about any style you can
think of. I'm just a satisfied customer, I have no connection with the
company, but I recommend it highly.

Have fun!

Alex Knight                           alex at
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK