ribosome binding site in eukaryotic promotors

seppen at amc.uva.nl seppen at amc.uva.nl
Thu Jul 14 10:28:54 EST 1994

Hello collegues !

I want to express a eukaryotic gene in E.Coli using the T7 system.
The problem is that I do not know if the sequences in the promotor of the cDNA
are sufficient for prokaryotic expression. Some Shine-Delgarno like sequences
are present (ribosome binding, within brackets) but I do not know if they will
work in E. Coli.
Sequence of promotor region :   GGC(AGGA)GCAA(AGG)CGCCATG...
Can anybody give me some information on different ribosome binding
sites and the influence on expression?
Thanks,
Jurgen Seppen
University of Amsterdam,