PCR of > 10kb fragments

eric c. anderson anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
Thu Jul 14 10:24:36 EST 1994

In article <300v5u$34g at usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu>, ch994 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
(Parke K. Flick) wrote:

> Dear Reena,
>         See the paper by Cheng, et al. PNAS 91, 5695-99 (June, 94).
> Also, Perkin-Elmer just introduced their GeneAmp XL kit for
> long PCR.  I have not personally tried it, but it is based on the
> conditions and reagents described in the above publication.  You can
> also contact Dr. Wayne Barnes at Wash. U. Sch. of Med., St. Louis.
> His e-mail address is Barnes at biodec.wustl.edu.  He developed
> an enzyme system that appears to be effective for amplifications
> of up to 40kb or so and is a co-author on the above paper.
> Regards,
> P. Flick

reena,
i would also suggest talking to wayne barnes.  i work down the hall from
him and have been using his KT1 and KTLA enzyme systems for a couple of
years now.  i highly reccommend the KTLA for long distance PCR, i've only
used it for up to about 4kb, but it works beautifully there and his data
shows excellent PCR in phage systems.

also he developed a novel buffer system for use with his enzymes.

good luck,
eric
--

BIG AIR...

NOT BIG PANTS!!!
eric c. anderson
anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
660 s. euclid box 8103
washington univ. school of medicine
dept of molecular biol. and pharmacology
st. loser, misery 63110