synth DNA analogos?

Karl Voss karl at hobbes.chem.ualberta.ca
Thu Jul 14 15:27:28 EST 1994

I am looking for synthetic DNA/RNA oligonuclotides that have a modified
backbone.  I have heard that these are being used in antisense DNA
type thearpy schemes.  I found a paper , Science 254, pg 1497 that
describes one of these with a polyamide backbone instead of the sugar
phosphodiester one.  This would be perfect for me.

I anyone knows if these analogs are commercially available, or if
anyone has any experience with them I would really appreciate if
you could contact me.  Thanks very much.

Karl Voss
karl at hobbes.chem.ualberta.ca

        "They came first for the communists and I  didn't  speak  up
        because  I  wasn't  a communist. Then they came for the Jews
        and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came
        for  the trade unionists and I didn't speak up because I was
        not a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics and I
        didn't  speak  up  because I was a Protestant. And then they
        came for me and by that time no one was left to speak up."

        Martin Niemoeller