lymphocyte transfection

Anthony C. acc4636 at tamsun.tamu.edu
Fri Jul 15 10:12:03 EST 1994

In article <3047hb$8cg at news.u.washington.edu>,
Richard Grant <rgrant at u.washington.edu> wrote:
:
:We are attempting to transfect plasmid DNA into lymphocytes in culture
:and would like to know if anyone has any ideas on how to increase the
:efficiency.  If you know of a protocol or could give me a reference for
:lymphocyte transfection I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.

>Rgrant at u.washington.edu

You didnt say what species you are trying to transfect into however for
gene therapy using the mouse model and in humans, viruses have been
used.  In addition to the following reference try looking up articles
with the key word gene therapy.

Culver, Kenneth et al. "Lymphocytes as cellular vehicles for gene therapy
in mouse and man"  Proc Natl Acad Sci, Vol 88 pp 3155-3159 April 1991.

Anthony Chen
Texas A&M
Dept of Medical Microbiology and Immunology