contaminating DNA free Taq pol

Zainul Zain zainul at KB.USM.MY
Fri Jul 15 09:06:10 EST 1994

Hi, I posted a question sometimes back regarding extraction of DNA from
sputum specimens. Thanks for the great response. I finally got it to work.

But out of this I had also found that the Taq that we brought from Promega's
didn't work well with DNA extraction from clinical specimens. Has anyone
encounter the same problem????

I tried BRL and Perkim Elmer Taq and they
work beautifully.

Tang
Medical School
University Sains Malaysia