contaminating DNA free Taq pol

Fri Jul 15 08:13:19 EST 1994

 >	Some time back when our lab was trying to amplify ribosomal RNA
 >the same problem kept propping up (the presence of bands in the blank
  lanes in rapds and in using rRNA gene primers). I think one of our attempt
 >was to use DNAase on the polymerase before using it for amplification.
 >Is there anyone who does amplify ribosomal RNA who found the right solution.
 >I mean the bacterial where contamination from Taq could be problematic?
 >Raj Shankarappa
 >bsh at
 Roche-Applied Biosystems/Perkin Elmer have released a Taq pol which is
 guaranteed free of contaminating DNA expressly for bacterial rRNA
 Disclaimer:  I have nothing to do with any of those companies - I just
 saw the rep last week, that's all.
 John Nash                          | Email: nash at
 Institute for Biological Sciences  |
 National Research Council of Canada|  for an eclectic collection of
 All opinions are mine, not NRC's!  |  WWW molbio and other services.