BluGene vs PhotoGene

wiens at cobra.uni.edu wiens at cobra.uni.edu
Fri Jul 15 13:05:56 EST 1994

Detection systems for northerns....in the real world, is BRL's BluGene
colorimetric detection a lot less sensitive than their PhotoGene system for
finding mRNAs?  I would like to use BluGene to detect biotin-labeled probes on
Northerns so I don't have to expose to X-ray film and develop them.  But will
the sensitivity be high enough to find mRNAs that might be low abundance ones?
Also does anyone else make a colorimetric detection kit that is better than
BluGene?