best way to adjust pH of protein solutions?

Bipin K Dalmia bipin at
Fri Jul 15 07:37:52 EST 1994

what is the best way (quickest) to adjust the pH of a protein solution?
dialysis takes too long and desalting/buffer exchange columns are out
'cause i have 100 mL of solution and it would take a 10-story high
column. directly adding acid/base would cause extreme local pH values
and denature the protein.

i have to do this prior to running an ion-exchange column so i can't
increase the ionic-strength too much either.

bipin k. dalmia               the other night i was lying on my bed, looking
bipin at             up at the beautiful stars, and i said to myself,
n2.bkd at     'where the F*CK is my ROOF !!'