synth DNA analogos?

Thomas M. Rupp trupp at orion.it.luc.edu
Fri Jul 15 17:44:23 EST 1994

Karl Voss (karl at hobbes.chem.ualberta.ca) wrote:
: I am looking for synthetic DNA/RNA oligonuclotides that have a modified
: backbone.  I have heard that these are being used in antisense DNA
: type thearpy schemes.  I found a paper , Science 254, pg 1497 that
: describes one of these with a polyamide backbone instead of the sugar
: phosphodiester one.  This would be perfect for me.

: I anyone knows if these analogs are commercially available, or if
: anyone has any experience with them I would really appreciate if
: you could contact me.  Thanks very much.

: Karl Voss
: karl at hobbes.chem.ualberta.ca

Call Glen-Research and get their catalogue, but don't forget to ask for
the user guide 'Modification'. Their phone number is 1-800 327-GLEN. If
you are on the Eastcoast you could call Steve Emburey, their sales rep.
His phone# is 1-800 677-4523.
Have fun,

Thomas

--
     * Thomas Rupp                 Efficiency, taken to an extreme *

        Any statement made using this system are (of course) made
       by the author of the statement. They are not made by Loyola
        University of Chicago, its trustees, officers, employees
         and agents which are therefore not responsible for the
                   content of these statements.