Library screening

gough_k at wehi.edu.au gough_k at wehi.edu.au
Sun Jul 17 18:34:43 EST 1994

I have probed a Clontech gt11 cDNA library with a particular probe and isolated
what I thought was my gene of interest. But, alas the 5'end is the gene I want
but the 3'end appears to be an unrelated gene. This may be the case but I am
unsure. Has anyone experienced unrelated genes being spliced together during
the preparation of these commercial libraries?
Hope you have some ideas.
Regards Keith Gough