5' RACE

Martyn White mbwhite at CARDINAL.NCSC.ORG
Mon Jul 18 11:01:53 EST 1994

	I have been trying to clone the 5' end of a mRNA for 2 years
now.   The main reason that all this time has been wasted is that I
made the foolish mistake of purchasing the clontech amplifinder kit.
After reading this newsgroup, it seems that I am not alone in this
experience.  Now I have purchased the BRL RACE kit and have finally
got a PCR fragment of the expected size which I am getting ready to
sequence.   Isn't it about time that a class action suit was brought
against Clontech for selling products that they must know to be
defective and wasting the valuable time and resources of the medical
research community?

Very Sincerely

Martyn White