ribosome binding site in eukaryotic promotors

Song Tan tan at aeolus.vmsmail.ethz.ch
Tue Jul 19 11:30:18 EST 1994

In article <303b26$3fa at amcnix.amc.uva.nl> seppen at amc.uva.nl writes:
>I want to express a eukaryotic gene in E.Coli using the T7 system.
[snip]
>Can anybody give me some information on different ribosome binding
>sites and the influence on expression?
>Thanks,
>Jurgen Seppen

Dear Jurgen,

These two papers might provide the information you seek.  Basically says that
ribosome binding site of T7 gene 10 leader enhances translation in E.coli (one
of the reasons why the pET expression system works so well).

Olins and Rangwala, JBC, vol 264, 16973-16976, 1989
Olins et la, Gene, vol 73, 227-235, 1988

Best regards.

Song Tan
Institute for Molecular Biology and Biophysics
ETH-Honggerberg (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology)
8093 Zurich, Switzerland
email:  tan at aeolus.vmsmail.ethz.ch