Looking for a reference to TEB

Doug Rhoads DRHOADS at MERCURY.UARK.EDU
Tue Jul 19 09:23:11 EST 1994

We have been using for some years now a denaturning gel buffer originally
described as TEB.  This buffer is 100 mM Tris 10mM Borate 2 mM EDTA (Na
free).  The buffer has a final pH of 9.2 and allows gels to be run at room
temp rather than 45-50C.  The problem is I have lost track of the original
reference to this wonderful buffer.  My recollection is that I got it from
a Biotechniques article back in '86 or '87.  Unfortunately, our library
only has issues dating back to 1990.  Is there anyone out there that uses
this buffer (or developed it) that can turn me on to the reference so that
I can give dutiful credit where credit is due??

TIA.

Doug Rhoads                  || Dept. of Biological Sciences
drhoads at mercury.uark.edu     || 601 Science Engineering
drhoads at uafsysb.uark.edu     || University of Arkansas
501-575-3251                 || Fayetteville, AR 72701