lymphocyte transfection

Martin Kennedy mkennedy at chmeds.ac.nz
Tue Jul 19 20:30:16 EST 1994

In article <3047hb$8cg at news.u.washington.edu>, rgrant at u.washington.edu (Richard Grant) writes:
> We are attempting to transfect plasmid DNA into lymphocytes in culture
> and would like to know if anyone has any ideas on how to increase the
> efficiency.  If you know of a protocol or could give me a reference for
> lymphocyte transfection I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.
>
> Rgrant at u.washington.edu

Try the following sources of information:

T-lymphocytes			BIORAD Bulletin #1349
Primary human lymphocytes	BIORAD Bulletin #1348

Boehringer Mannheim, in a recent newsletter, claimed that DOTAP mediated
transfection of human lymphoid cells is farily efficient.  Could be worth
scoring a sample to try out.

--
Cheers,

Martin

	      Phone (64-3)364-0880  Fax (64-3)364-0750