Immuno-Lite Chemilum. Detecton System

Gwen Sancar gsancar at MED.UNC.EDU
Wed Jul 20 16:17:42 EST 1994

Has anyone out there had experience using SDS or methanol-containing
buffers to transfer proteins from SDS_polyacrylamide gels to Immuno-Lite
membranes?  We've tried straight Towbin buffer without methanol, and our
protein doesn't seem to transfer at all!  When we asked the technical
service people at Bio-Rad, we got two different stories from two different
people....one said we cannot use SDS or methanol and the other said that
she thought it was O.K. but we should find someone who is using the same
setup and do what they do.  We're using a Transblot SD, 0.5 mm x 80 mm x
40 mm SDS-10% acrylamide gels run in Laemli buffer.  Also, the MW markers
transferred well, just not our protein.

Thanks,
Gwen Sancar