epitope tagging (which epitope to use???)

PRAMATHESH PATEL patel_p at watson.bms.com
Wed Jul 20 09:13:00 EST 1994

Hi,
    I am planning on epitope tagging a mammalian membrane bound protein.
The questions I have are:
1)	Which epitope tag (cMYC, FLAG or any other) should I use??
2)	Names of Bio-Tech companies that sell antibodies or "kits" for
detection of tagged proteins
3)	Any "pitfalls" or problems I should be aware of that one normally
encounters in these tagging experiments.

Thanks in advance

Pramathesh

e-mail ( internet)   Patel_P at BMS.COM