DCCD-labeling of aminoacid residue

John E. Fox altabios at bham.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 07:50:35 EST 1994

In article <30gjtmINN74h at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk>, mbrgw at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk (R.G. Walters) says:

>We have a DCCD-labeled protein and are trying to identify the modified
>residue(s).  Using 14C-DCCD we have overlapping trypsin/BrCN fragments which
>light up on an autoradiograph, and the sequence shows candidate residues.

Are you collecting the eluant from the HPLC or diverting the PTH sample
before it goes into the injector?

I always divert the sample going to the injector, it prevents any losses on the column.
Is the DCC adduct stable to the sequencing reagents? Could it have been removed
and ended up in the waste?
If anyone else knows what happens I would like to know.