Separation of very hydrophobic peptides

Peter Weber dh30 at pop.th-darmstadt.de
Wed Jul 20 07:14:38 EST 1994

Hi, everybody!

After BrCN-cleavage of a 140 KDa protein and lyophylisation, i tried to
dissolve the products in 0.1% TFA + 15% Acetonitrile. However, only a
certain part of the sample was redissolved. 100% Acetonitrile was nessecary
to bring the rest of the peptides into solution.
I wonder if it is possible to separate these peptides by reversed-phase
HPLC for they might get lost on the column (I«d like to sequence them after
separation). Has anybody out there any experience with the separation of
very hydrophobic peptides?

Thanks very much,
Peter

Peter Weber