salmon sperm blocker

Robert Burns burns at sasa.gov.uk
Wed Jul 20 06:50:39 EST 1994

 We are trying to develop an avidin-biotin based ELISA assay for
the detection of a biotinylated LCR product.There have been reports
in the literature that the addition of 100ug/ml of salmon sperm
to the blocking buffer reduces the background. At current Sigma
prices this would make any assay fairly expensive. Does anyone
know of an alternative to or a cheaper source of salmon sperm.

This message is for a colleague who does not have access to Email
at present so replies to me please. Thanks

Robert
burns at sasa.gov.uk