RNAse Free !?

TORRES at EVALUN11.BITNET TORRES at EVALUN11.BITNET
Wed Jul 20 18:10:24 EST 1994

In article <1994Jul13.153854.556 at chmeds.ac.nz>, mkennedy at chmeds.ac.nz (Martin
Kennedy) says:

>> Molecular BioProducts has been sending free samples and literature on their
>> new product called RNaseAWAY.
>> chemical to irreversibly modify the RNAse molecule.
>> They say (show some data) that it is very good in keeping labware and
>> counters entirely free of RNAses.
   I am currently doing some in situ hybridizations, detecting RNA in
Drosophila embryos, and I'd like to know more about this product. Until now,
I've been using DEPC and it works quite well, but it's not very "comfortable"
to handle. I have been looking for a less hazardous product which can be at
least equally effective.

>We got a sample of this.  It smells just like good old-fashioned
>hypochlorite....!
>
>Cheers,
>
>Martin

In that case, have you tested it? If it turned out to be O.K. I'd like to
know. Molecular BioProducts is not a very well-known house here in Spain, but
if that RNaseAWAY works we can try to get some.
   I'd welcome any kind of information about the subject.
   Thanks in advance,
                                               Adela