epitope tagging (which epitope to use???)

neale at mbcf.stjude.org neale at mbcf.stjude.org
Thu Jul 21 19:41:04 EST 1994

In article <20JUL199409135055 at watson.bms.com>, patel_p at watson.bms.com (PRAMATHESH PATEL) writes:
> Hi,
>     I am planning on epitope tagging a mammalian membrane bound protein.
> The questions I have are:
> 1)	Which epitope tag (cMYC, FLAG or any other) should I use??
> 2)	Names of Bio-Tech companies that sell antibodies or "kits" for
> detection of tagged proteins
> 3)	Any "pitfalls" or problems I should be aware of that one normally
> encounters in these tagging experiments.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Pramathesh
>
> e-mail ( internet)   Patel_P at BMS.COM

A number of people would be interested in the responses you receive. Please
post a summary of your findings.

Geoff Neale

Dept. of Virology and Molecular Biology        Internet: neale at mbcf.stjude.org
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital             Phone: (901) 522-0400
Memphis, TN                                         Fax: (901) 523-2622