Labelling DNA by PCR

Shiao Y. Wang sywang at whale.st.usm.edu
Fri Jul 22 14:22:57 EST 1994

Gibco/BRL now sells a kit for labelling DNA by PCR. Since I do PCR
routinely, I followed their recipe and gave it a try. Although my
PCR reactions work w/o the labelled 32P-dATP. I couldn't label the DNA very
efficiently (less than 1% of the label got incorporated). The BRL recipe calls
for 0.825 uM 32P-dATP (final conc) WITHOUT any cold dATP. Hard to understand
why more label was not incorporated. Any ideas?

To those that label DNA for Southerns and Northerns by PCR, would you
please provide short recipe or hints? I'll summarize if I get enough

Shiao Wang
University of Southern Mississippi