salmon sperm blocker

Shiao Y. Wang sywang at whale.st.usm.edu
Fri Jul 22 13:57:13 EST 1994

Robert Burns (burns at sasa.gov.uk) wrote:
:  We are trying to develop an avidin-biotin based ELISA assay for
: the detection of a biotinylated LCR product.There have been reports
: in the literature that the addition of 100ug/ml of salmon sperm
: to the blocking buffer reduces the background. At current Sigma
: prices this would make any assay fairly expensive. Does anyone
: know of an alternative to or a cheaper source of salmon sperm.

The U.S. catalog says $28.11/g. That's enough for 10 liters. Seems pretty
reasonable to me. Are things that expensive in the U.K.? Perhaps someone
in the U.S. can purchase some for you and send it by mail.

Shiao Wang
University of Southern Mississippi