5' RACE

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Fri Jul 22 01:01:41 EST 1994

Matthias Zeiner (mzei at sun0.urz.uni-heidelberg.de) wrote:

: in fact you are not alone, my experiences with that amplifinder kit were
: just as yours. Fortunately, I threw it away after 4 weeks of struggling, so
: it didn't cause me a severe trauma. And what about the 5'end I was after?
: I got it - without any of these commercial kits. Interestingly, Clontech
: still do promote their RACE system, there are ads in some journals. I just
: hope for them that they improved in the meantime the quality of some of the
: components of the kit, e.g. T4 RNA Ligase, which did not work for me.
: But probably all that is not true and we are simply to stupid to handle
: this ingenious amplifinder kit (this seems to be Clontech's attitude
: towards this affair).

: Regards

: Matthias Zeiner
AMPLIFINDER kit, sucks. It doesn't work. I managed to make the first two
parts to work. The ligation to the supposed anchor is the Problem. Either
the enzyme, or the anchor .
cheers,

--
Shahram Mori					   _/\_