Storing regenerated oligo DT

Anthony C. acc4636 at tamsun.tamu.edu
Fri Jul 22 09:17:58 EST 1994

I just bought two oligo Dt columns from stratagene for purifying mRNA
from the looks of it if I ever lose these two columns I know how to
make them on my own :)  But for now, the company only guarantees each
column for 1 use however they said the columns can be regenerated
according to maniatis et al.  Now I looked at it and I understand
how it can be regenerated, but the instructions leave a couple of questions.
1) What buffer does the column need to be stored in (1X column loading
buffer?)

2) how many times can the column practically be regenerated

3) does anyone have any experience with the stratagene poly A quik
mRNA isolation kit? good or bad etc.. any tips?

4) Im loading 100 ug or so of my total RNA to make a cDNA library
my cells are spleen cells stimulated with LPS so there should be a
large proportion of mRNA, but whats the best way to quantitate the
the amount of undegraded mRNA before I do the expensive cDNA
synthesis procedure.

Thanks!

This newsgroup is proving to be an invaluable resource!