PAGE gels cracking

Daniel Chagnovich dchagno at merle.acns.nwu.edu
Sat Jul 23 15:38:20 EST 1994

In article <dotzlaw-200794174921 at murphy.biochem.umanitoba.ca>,
Helmut Dotzlaw <dotzlaw at ccu.umanitoba.ca> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>A quick question - is there a way to prevent our 12.5% SDS mini-gels from
>cracking when drying under vacuum?
>
>Details:
>
>Biorad mini gels, 12.5%, 1 mm
>Destained in 40% MeOH, 10% HAc
>Biorad 580 gel dryer, 80 C
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Helmut
>
>--
>Helmut Dotzlaw
>  University of Manitoba
>    Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
>       dotzlaw at ccu.umanitoba.ca

Helmut,

	A friend who is reading this with me asks: "Do you need to dry it
under vacuum?" If not, try the old fashion way of putting the gel between two
wet sheets of BioGel Drying Wrap (from Biodesign Inc of New York although
similar products are made by other companies-- according to yet another friend).
Stretch it and clamp it onto the frame overnight under a lamp and it should be
done by morning.

Cheers,

Danny, Barb and Lou