Oligo degradation trepidation

Martin Kennedy mkennedy at chmeds.ac.nz
Sun Jul 24 00:58:30 EST 1994

In article <Ct8zz7.BJG at ucdavis.edu>, szcooley at chip.ucdavis.edu () writes:

....Entire subject matter of previous 2 posts removed....!

> the problem. Operon (a company in California) claim that primers go bad
                                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> at -20 oC. Currently I am storing mine at -70 oC or lypholizing aliquots.
> Mike Cooley      mbcooley at ucdavis.ucdavis.edu

Is this for real????  Anybody got any hard evidence?  Do I worry about my
-20 degree stored oligos (which probably amount to more than a years worth of
my salary)!  Does anyone have a good reason why oligos might "go off" at -20,
but not at -70 degrees?  Is anyone form Operon out there...?

Appreciate  any comments,

Martin

	      Phone (64-3)364-0880  Fax (64-3)364-0750