Obtaining sequences?

Janssens Janssens at agr.kuleuven.ac.be
Sun Jul 24 06:10:37 EST 1994

In article <30tbguINN1ofd at sat.ipp-garching.mpg.de>,
souza at alf.biochem.mpg.de (Augustine Souza) says:

>Hello,
>Does anyone know how to recover a sequence of interest if it has been
posted
>(in brief) in the newsgroup "bionet.molbio.genbank.updates". I'd like to
get
>it by ftp or gopher or E-mail rather than wait until my site has updated
its
>GenBank collection.
>Thanks
>A.E. Souza

It is very easy.  You can obtain the sequence of interest by gopher or
e-mail, if you noted the accession number.

The gopher site is IUBIO in Indiana (ftp.bio.indiana.edu).  Look for
Genbank-Sequences directory, select it, and a new menu will appear with
several search options.  You can either search the entire Genbank or only
the updates with the acession number.

The e-mail retrieval server is retrieve at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.  First send a
message with 'help' on a single line in the body of the mail message to
this server, in order to know how to use it.

Sincerely,

Paul De Troch