GST-protiens

Bipin K Dalmia bipin at iastate.edu
Mon Jul 25 16:32:35 EST 1994

In article <310v2o$mud at cerberus-138.wustl.edu>,
David L. Haviland, Ph.D. <HAVILAND at KIDS.WUSTL.EDU> wrote:
>Hi---
>
>Just out of curiosity, what sort of yeild/ liter have people been obtaining
>using GST-fusion vectors?  Right now we're averaging about 5ug/Liter and
>that seem horribly low.  Is production of one's favorite fusion protien
>linked to any particular bug?
>
>Many thanks in advance,
>David

i've recently made two gst-fusion proteins. with one i got a yield of
1.5 mg/L of purified protein, after thrombin cleavage. the other one is
considerably less, about 200 ug/L of pure stuff. 5 ug/L is rather low.
what e. coli strain are you using? if you have a lot of degradation, try
a protease deficient strain (like BL21), although it didn't help much
with my proteins.

let me know if you have any further questions. i've worked on gst
fusions quite a bit.

bip
--
bipin k. dalmia               the other night i was lying on my bed, looking
bipin at iastate.edu             up at the beautiful stars, and i said to myself,