Windows-based sequence software

Robert Kuhelj Robert.Kuhelj at ijs.si
Mon Jul 25 16:25:55 EST 1994

In article <30mb2t$fpu at matt.ksu.ksu.edu>, grieger at matt.ksu.ksu.edu (David M Grieger) writes:
> I am looking for a Windows-based software package that does the routine nucleic acid
> analysis, such as restriction site mapping, translation to protein sequence,
> etc.  The program that I liked, and used previously, was DNA Stryder on a
> Mac computer.  Is there a comparable program
> for PC's with Windows, that is relatively inexpensive?  Any information on
> this would be greatly appreciated, and even make tenure
> vaguely obtainable.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Beagle Grieger

there is a good piece of software offered by ATCC. it is called VECTOR NT
and can do all of the things you mentioned in your letter and much much more.
its graphics quality is excellent (publication quality), it can perform
advanced PCR analysis, can create hybridization probes, primers etc.etc.

its major drawback: the price is US$ 995

you can get a free demo disk by sending a request to request at atcc.org

Robert Kuhelj                 Jozef Stefan Institute
                              Ljubljana
robert.kuhelj at ijs.si          Slovenia