Silver Staining of Protein Gels

Andreas Weber aweber at biolan.uni-koeln.de
Mon Jul 25 06:55:13 EST 1994

In article <1994Jul22.184614.1 at mcclb0>, samuels at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu (Herb
Samuels) says:

>We are interested in methods for silver staiing of protein SDS gells
>whoch would give the highest signal to noise ratio.  The procedures
>that we are currently experimenting with were published over 10 years
>ago and show increased background staining.
>
>Thanks,  Herb Samuels

Dear Herb,

try Blum et al., (1987), Electrophoresis 8:93-99.

Hope this helps

Andreas

* Andreas Weber                    Tel.: (49)-221-470-5664  *
* University of Cologne            Fax.: (49)-221-470-5181  *
* Department of Botany II                                   *
* Gyrhofstr. 15                                             *
* 50931 Cologne                                             *
* Germany                  email:aweber at biolan.uni-koeln.de *