Clontech 5'-RACE kit

Ho-Hyung Woo hhwoo at ccit.arizona.edu
Mon Jul 25 16:03:34 EST 1994

I have been using the Clontech 5'-amplifinder kit. It was very efficient to
get a full length cDNA. I could get a full length sequence in less than a week.
I cloned the full length cDNAs encoding ubiquitin conjugating enzyme (Gene, in
press) and H1 histone (BBA, in press) by 5'-amplifinder. It took less than a
week and was quite easy.
I do not understand the people who is having a trouble with this kit.
The most problems, I think, come from the degraded RNA or improper PCR primers.