Promoter analysis

IZZY7KI at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU IZZY7KI at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU
Mon Jul 25 11:47:00 EST 1994

I am currently studying the regulation of several mammalian (mouse
and human) promoters.  Of obvious interest are known transcription
factor binding sites.  Since I wouldn't know an AP-1 site from an
EcoRI site, I was hoping there might be a computer program on the
net that would analyze a submitted sequence for consensus recognition
sites.  Does anyone out there have any advice?  At this point, even
a simple list of known consensus sites would be better than nothing.

Thanks in advance,
Benjamin S. Braun
UCLA