Neutrophil specific mRNA Wanted

Vas Janardan usergggx at
Tue Jul 26 10:25:32 EST 1994

	I need a mRNA that is expressed in only neutrophils of humans.  This
should not be effected by drug treatment in patients.  Obviously I need
to know the sequence.  I plan to use this as a control for the number of
neutrophils that are isolated in a given sample of blood.  By using this
in a ratio of unknown message to known message, I can compare the effects
of various drug treatments on the unknown message level.  Currently, I am
using competitive PCR as a tool to quantify Cytochrome P-450 3A5 mRNA in
neutrophils.  This can only be done if I control for the number of
neutrophils in the assay.