konservation of grass

Andreas Langsdorf Andreas.Langsdorf at agrar.uni-giessen.de
Tue Jul 26 08:13:21 EST 1994

Hy,
I`m working with grasses from the sahel-region and I have some problems
konservating the fresh material. I`m drying the fresh material with
silica-gel in falcon-tubes. After 3 days the samples are dry, but result
after dna-extraktion are mostly poor. I don`t think it depends on my
dna-extraction method, because it works with all the other grasses from
here in Germany. So I think, the problem might be perhaps the high
temperature and humidity in the sahel-region. I don`t know.
If you have an idea, please tell me immediately.
Thanks
Bye, bye