Split up methods-reagents?

David L. Haviland, Ph.D. HAVILAND at KIDS.WUSTL.EDU
Tue Jul 26 10:30:41 EST 1994

In <djackson-250794150808 at 128.220.56.55> djackson at welchlink.welch.jhu.edu writes:
> In article <310kcl$cof at news.doit.wisc.edu>, lehn at islet.medsch.wisc.edu
> wrote:
> > I've been noticing that the methods-reagents traffic is
> > increasing.  Perhaps it is time that this group is split
> > up.
> > May I suggest:
> >
> > bionet.molbiol.methods-reagents.pcr
> > bionet.molbiol.methods-reagents.dna
> > bionet.molbiol.methods-reagents.protein
> > bionet.molbiol.methods-reagents.general...
>
> Personally, I'd be against it.  All of those categories include information
> of interest and relevance to me, so I'd end up reading all of them.  I
> suspect this would be true for a good many people for just about any
> subdivision scheme.
> Don Jackson

Strongly "SECONDED"!

David
+  David L. Haviland, Ph.D.	     Internet:"haviland at kids.wustl.edu"   +
+  Washington Univ. School of Med.   A.K.A : The Compiler                 +
+  Dept. of Peds./Pulm. Box 8116     ICBM-Net : Just hit St. Louis        +
+  400 S. Kingshighway               &-6  <- User is Brain Dead...        +
+  St. Louis, MO  63110              FAX: 314-454-2476                    +
+  (314) 454-6076                    Never will be politically correct!   +
+      REALITY.SYS  -  File Corrupted!  Re-BOOT Universe? (Y/N)...        +