Fixing sequencing gels

Chris Upton cupton at sol.uvic.ca
Tue Jul 26 16:38:16 EST 1994

suggested it wasn't necessary to fix 35S seq gels but that the Saran Wrap
should be left on - I persuaded a grad student next door to try this :-)

He found it worked fine!! (to think of all the time I spent fixing gels!!)

BUT, he also took off the Saran Wrap!!  & there was _NO_ problem with the
gel sticking to the film!!

This may be because he dried the gels very well or low local humidity.
I guess it's something to test yourself.

All in all he was pretty happy with it.

Cheers,
  Chris

Chris Upton