Bio 101 products

Steve Rodems smrodems at students.wisc.edu
Wed Jul 27 00:41:59 EST 1994

In article <314ev2$ge5 at netnews.upenn.edu>, aaron at netnews.upenn.edu (Aaron
Pawlyk) wrote:

> BIOMETRA at BIOTECHNET.COM wrote:
> : I would like to get some opinions on the products of Bio 101 such as
> : Geneclean and Mermaid.  Does anyone use their media capsules?
> : any response will be helpful.
>
> : Tony Sanchez
>
> I've never used their media capsules, but I have used their nucleic
> acid products.  Geneclean and RNAid are incredible.  Get them and use them.
> Your life will be much easier.
>
> They allow you isolate any amount (even very small amounts) of nucleic
> acids from a solution.  It will also remove unincorporated nucleosides.
> It is very easy to use and will give you products in a very small volume
> (10-20 uL).
>
> 			-- Aaron

I agree!  I use GeneClean for every DNA fragment I need to agarose gel
purify.  I use it for very small fragments as well.  I've used it for 40bp
fragments although the yield is pretty low.  But, hell, you only need one
molecule to ligate and transform, right?  I routinely use the TBE modifier
now as well since our lab has 1x TBE buffer made up in a carboy.
Previously I used to make my own TAE but now I'm too lazy and just use TBE.

--
Steve "Some day I will get the hell out of Wisconsin" Rodems

"Then I am here for the Lee family renioun ... shur-wajo-shur"