NIH Imaging software

Robert Horton horton at molbio.cbs.umn.edu
Tue Jul 26 18:08:20 EST 1994

Carlisle Landel (landel at helios) wrote:
: ...  Basically, the trick is that you *must* have
: a lane of standards on each side of your samples for the thing
: to work.
:
(Just thought that part bore repeating)

: I've tried using it, and it is still a bit buggy, mostly in that
: I have a hard time getting it to see all my bands:  if there are
: a bunch of small faint bands, upping the sensitivity of the image
: capture program causes the bright large bands to run together, so
: that the program can't differentiate them, while not doing so
: causes it to miss the faint ones.  Also, if you have bands that
: are close together (eg the top of a 1 kb ladder), it seem to want
: to assign differing numbers of bands to the ladder each time it looks
: at it, which is definitely a pain when you are setting up your file
: of size markers.
:
You can manually add or delete (what it thinks are) bands using the "+" and
"-" tools from the toolbar; it doesn't always pick out bands as well as you
can. Still, a good deal for the money, I'd say.

Bob Horton (Ph.D.!)   /\ "Crash programs fail because of the theory that
U. of Minnesota, CBS  || with nine women pregnant you get a baby a month"
1479 Gortner Ave.    /||\   -Werner von Braun.  Disclaimer:"Bob who?"
St. Paul, MN 55108    ^^   horton at molbio.cbs.umn.edu/(612) 624-3790