Protein blotting

AKEY HUNG ahung at ASRR.ARSUSDA.GOV
Tue Jul 26 14:48:04 EST 1994

Dear Colleagues,

In protein blotting with the PhastTransfer unit by Pharmacia LKB, I found it
difficult to secure the SDS-PAGE to the membrane while removing the gel back-
ing.  I modified the manufacture's procedure by carefully rolling a glass
stirring rod wetted with transfer buffer along the surface of the membrane
before peeling the gel backing to prepare the transfer sandwich.  Is there any
better way to overcome this problem?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Akey Hung :-)
Bee Research Laboratory