ddNTP to a 3'-end of DNA primer

Karl Fischer kfischer at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Tue Jul 26 09:39:42 EST 1994

In article <dim.49.775170969 at pharm.som.sunysb.edu>,
dim at pharm.som.sunysb.edu (Dmitry Mozzherin) wrote:

> I have a problem with inserting of dideoxynucleotides into 3'-end of DNA
> primer.

Have you tried using terminal transferase or T4 *RNA* ligase? I'm not sure
about the template specificity of the TTase but I know that RNA ligase
will transfer a dideoxy onto the 3' end of a DNA oligo...then comes the
*easy* part of gel purification ;-)

Cheers

Karl

--
Karl Fischer
Dept. of Medical Microbiology and
kfischer at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
tyr-2 at bones.biochem.ualberta.ca

He gave them a smile, pulled out a bottle of wine
Said 'I never existed, you've been wasting your time.'
<Take a Long Line - Angel City>