konservation of grass

Sean David Moore smoore at mail.sas.upenn.edu
Tue Jul 26 11:27:03 EST 1994

Hello,
You could try deep freezing the sample,  and thawing just before extracting.

Andreas Langsdorf (Andreas.Langsdorf at agrar.uni-giessen.de) wrote:
: Hy,
: I`m working with grasses from the sahel-region and I have some problems
: konservating the fresh material. I`m drying the fresh material with
: silica-gel in falcon-tubes. After 3 days the samples are dry, but result
: after dna-extraktion are mostly poor. I don`t think it depends on my
: dna-extraction method, because it works with all the other grasses from
: here in Germany. So I think, the problem might be perhaps the high
: temperature and humidity in the sahel-region. I don`t know.
: If you have an idea, please tell me immediately.
: Thanks
: Bye, bye

--
Sean Moore