Rain-ex on sequencing plates?

Stephen R. Lasky Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu
Wed Jul 27 11:09:15 EST 1994

In article <313vrn$j2g at nic.umass.edu>, JMANGOR at UCSVAX.UCS.UMASS.EDU (Jodie
Mangor) wrote:

> I would appreciate any advice on the use of Rain-ex on sequencing plates.
> Thank you!
>
> Jodie Mangor
> UMASS
Put a small amount on the plate (or plates if you want to do both) and spread it over the plate with a paper towel.  Wipe until its dry and evenly spread out (you can actually feel the plates become siliconized).  Be sure to wash the plates with something like comet before you use them.  I would avoid using window cleaner to clean them as some of them seem to cause problems (although I don't think windex does).  Clean the plates with 100 % etoh just before using them.
Stephen R. Lasky, Ph.D.       Brown University/Roger Williams Medical Center
e-mail: Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu         LandLine: 401-456-6572