Rain-ex on sequencing plates?

Tony Meyn Tmeyn at ccit.arizona.edu
Wed Jul 27 09:02:25 EST 1994

In article <313vrn$j2g at nic.umass.edu>, JMANGOR at UCSVAX.UCS.UMASS.EDU (Jodie
Mangor) wrote:

> I would appreciate any advice on the use of Rain-ex on sequencing plates.
> Thank you!
>
> Jodie Mangor
> UMASS

Jodie,

I use RainX on my notched plate.  This allows the plate to be easily
removed
from the gel and other plate after the run.  Depending on how you
transfer your gel you may want to treat the other plate, but I would
definitely not do both.  Based on other posts treatment of both
plates may affect the pouring process.  It will also make controlling
your gel very difficult as it won't want to stick to anything.

Tony Meyn
University of Arizona