PCR products as probes for Southerns

Emma Macfarlane emma at HERA.MED.UTORONTO.CA
Wed Jul 27 08:36:04 EST 1994

Hi Judy
I used a 900bp PCR product to probe Southerns with good results. I
purified the product from a 1.5% agarose gel using Qiaex from
Qiagen then labelled it with Amershams ECL random prime labelling
kit. I needed to gel purify as I also had some non-specific
products from the reaction but if you have a single product
I don't see why you shouldn't be able to label after an NH4OAc
ethanol precipitation.
Good Luck
Emma