Bio 101 products

Tony Hodge tph at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 08:24:32 EST 1994

Subject: Re: Bio 101 products
From: Aaron Pawlyk, aaron at netnews.upenn.edu
Date: 27 Jul 1994 01:57:54 GMT
In article <314ev2$ge5 at netnews.upenn.edu> Aaron Pawlyk,
aaron at netnews.upenn.edu writes:
>BIOMETRA at BIOTECHNET.COM wrote:
>: I would like to get some opinions on the products of Bio 101 such
as
>: Geneclean and Mermaid.  Does anyone use their media capsules?
>: any response will be helpful.

Mermaid is excellent for small DNA species (<100bp) down to
oligonucleotide size, I have used it for a number of small
restriction fragments and PCR products.  It also works with FMC's
MetaPhor agarose at least as high as 2.5% for good separation, it
comes with it's own Agarose which is OK and with it's own buffer but
I just use TAE.

.
Tony P Hodge
Structural Studies Division
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Hills Road
Cambridge
CB2  2QH
UK