Electro-blotting of proteins

Dietmar.Tietz at agrar.uni-giessen.de Dietmar.Tietz at agrar.uni-giessen.de
Wed Jul 27 08:09:38 EST 1994

> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to ask whether anyone out there has a good protocol for the
> electro-blot transfer of proteins. I would specifically like to know the
> composition of the blotting buffer, type of membrane and running parameters.
> The proteins that I would like to blot are in vitro synthesized biotinylated
> peptides of up to 100 kDa.
>
> Rob van der Luijt
> MGC-Dept. of Human Genetics
> Leiden University
> Leiden, The Netherlands
> Tel.:  31-71-276097
> Fax.: 31-71-276075
> E-mail: rob at ruly46.leidenuniv.nl

You may want to study this review:

J. M. Gershoni: Protein blotting: a tool for the analytical biochemistry.
Advances in Electrophoresis (VCH), 1, 141-175 (1987)

Good luck!

*           Dietmar Tietz, Ph.D.,  Research Scientist            *
*            Biostatistics, Justus-Liebig-University             *
*            Ludwigstr. 27, D-35390 Giessen, Germany             *
*                  Phone: +49-(641)-702-6015                     *
*                   Fax: +49-(641)-702-5995                      *
*              Email: Dietmar.Tietz at Uni-Giessen.de               *