RNA labeling with pCp and ligase ?

Duke Groebe drg at prophet.pharm.pitt.edu
Wed Jul 27 07:16:52 EST 1994

In article <CtKBAy.My8 at ucdavis.edu>, jfh <jfhess at ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> > has anyone tried to label RNA on it's 3'end with T4 ligase
> > and radiolabeled pCp.
> >> Thanks in advance
> > Bernd
>
> Bernd,  check out some references from around 1990 by David D. Chang and
> David A. Clayton OR Jeffrey Bennett and David Clayton.  Inside you should
> find refs and/or protocols for the labelling they did of an RNA substrate.
>
> If that fails, email me and I'll check for you.

Look up some old references by Olke C. Uhlenbeck who, I believe, developed
the methods (ca. 1980).

Duke

The opinions expressed here are my own.  MY very own and NOBODY else's!  I
THOUGHT OF THEM FIRST, HA HA, AND YOU DIDN'T!!  SEE!?  There's my name up
there!  And the date - Ooohh, the DATE!  That's important!  HEE HEE, I'M
GONNA BE RICH!  DO YOU HEAR ME!?  RICH!!  HA HA!!  They're mine...heh, heh,
all mine....  GOD!  I'm so smart!